LinkedIn lists ‘digital marketing specialist’ among the top 10 most in-demand jobs, with SEO being one of the most desired skills.
The 10 most in-demand jobs are based on data from LinkedIn’s Economic Graph, which maps over 706M professionals, 55M companies, 11M job listings, 36K skills, and 90k schools.
LinkedIn identified the most in-demand jobs by looking at which positions have the most job openings available. But it takes into account more than just that.
In order to ensure this list benefits people now, and in the future, LinkedIn also considers these 3 criteria:
- Job growth over the past 4 years
- Whether the jobs pay a livable
- Whether the required skills can be learned online
“We used our Economic Graph to identify 10 jobs that are in-demand in today’s economy and well positioned to continue to grow in the future.
We were able to filter for jobs that can be obtained without a 4 year degree, those that pay a livable wage, and those that can be successfully reskilled for online.”
Now that you know what went into creating the list, let’s look at the jobs included in it.
LinkedIn’s Top 10 Most In-Demand Jobs
LinkedIn identified these as the top 10 most in-demand jobs, ranked in order of most global job openings.
- Software Developer: 15 million job openings
- Sales Representative: 8.5 million job openings
- Project Manager: 2.7 million job openings
- IT Administrator: 2 million job openings
- Customer Service Specialist: 1.8 million job openings
- Digital Marketer: 860k job openings
- IT Support/Help Desk: 590k job openings
- Data Analyst: 360k job openings
- Financial Analyst: 360k job openings
- Graphic Designer: 355k